Today, I'd just installed XP SP3 and got 'Microsoft Bus Driver' error message while installing Realtek HD Audio driver. I know it occurs on SP2 and can be fix by installing 'kb888111xpsp2.exe' hotfix from MSHDQFE folder under the main driver folder. But I got the message '....this service pack version is newer than this update...'. I got annoyed with SP3 and, finally, I found the solution.

1. Open 'kb888111xpsp2.exe' file with WinRar and extract the 'commonfiles' folder.
2. Update 'PCI Bus' unknown device by pointing the 'commonfiles' folder you've just extarcted.
3. Install the Realtek HD audio driver.

4 comments:

Unknown said... November 27, 2008 at 9:38 PM

hello my friend!!! I have the same problem with you.... but I can't fix it in the way that you explain... can you explain me a little better. or send me something via e-mail... 2genti@gmail.com thank you very much...

Unknown said... November 27, 2008 at 9:48 PM

one last thing... what do you mean with "POINTING"? I have that folder and I don't know what to do more... thank you. hope to recieve good news ;-) ehehe

Varun Agarwal said... March 11, 2009 at 6:55 AM

thanks a lot... grt idea...
I almost gave up hope of finding a soln..... thanks again

Jenova said... May 27, 2009 at 3:41 PM

Thx man nearly busted my head on this.

 
Top